Wednesday, September 16, 2009

What Do I Want?

For the essay due tomorrow (in a matter of a few hours, really), I've received some requests for clarification. I hope this will help.

I want an essay. I want you to include dissections of the three pieces we've been discussing (Ingredient/Process/Made Thing). Reflect on what these things mean, how they function to make meaning individually and corporately, how the act of dissection changes your perception of the work. Think about how the pieces are alike, in terms of (I/P/MT), in terms of meaning. Or think about how they are different, how they come at the same things from different directions.

Do all this using excellent grammar, non-cliched word choices, and a keen awareness that this stuff actually matters (beyond the grade you will receive for it). Hope that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment