Monday, October 26, 2009

A different kind of hero


David Bowie "Hero"

Boys like Girls "Hero/Heroine"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ7bJzfzzdo

Enrique Iglesias "Hero"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owTmJrtD7g8



I wanted to talk about heroes in a different sense then previously discussed in class. Before, we decided that a hero makes a difference and is not selfish. A hero is brave and makes courageous actions. Has anyone ever thought about a hero being your significant other, a boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, or wife? I found it interesting that when I went on youtube and typed in "hero" I found many songs about being in love. The songs above are some that I like a lot and have never thought about in this way before. It made me think that there are many definitions to the word hero depending on the situation. These songs refer to their heroes as there significant other. Now that I think about it, I know this to be true from experience. I just wanted to get other peoples input on this view of a hero or IF this kind of person IS considered a hero. Thoughts??

WORD COUNT: 173

2 comments:

  1. Now that you mention it I do think a spouse could be a hero. They are always there when you need them. When you look your worst they give you compliments. My fiancĂ© works to take care of me and my son, while I don’t work so I can go to school. He cooks dinner for me every night. And I can honestly say I do not know what I would do without him.(74)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see how a significant other could be a hero or a heroine, but I've never been in a relationship where that was the case. Although love and heroism go hand in hand, I haven't found that true in life yet.

    ReplyDelete